All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis series is specifically tailored to provide the information necessary to prepare an applicant for FAA mechanic certification with airframe and/or powerplant (A&P) ratings. These textbooks are designed for use by instructors and applicants preparing for the FAA Airframe Kwledge and Practical Exams, but also serve as an invaluable reference guide for certificated technicians who wish to improve their kwledge and practice. Chapter structure has been designed to ensure consistent and efficient internalisation of the material presented. Photographs and detailed drawings illustrate concepts, improve understanding, and increase retention. This volume of the series emphasises theory and methods of practical application within the overall topic of the powerplant of an aircraft: the aircraft engine and the powerplant-related aircraft maintenance principles, fundamentals, and technical procedures. It discusses the elements that comprise the systems that bring fuel, air, and ignition together in an aircraft engine for combustion. It also covers engine construction features, lubrication systems, exhaust systems, cooling systems, cylinder removal and replacement, compression checks, and valve adjustments. The specific topics addressed include Aircraft Engines, Engine Fuel and Fuel Metering Systems, Induction and Exhaust Systems, Engine Ignition and Electrical Systems, Engine Starting Systems, Lubrication and Cooling Systems, Propellers, Engine Removal and Replacement, Engine Fire Protection Systems, Engine Maintenance and Operation, and Light-Sport Aircraft Engines.
- Author BiographyThe Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) is the agency of the U.S. government with primary responsibility for the safety of civil aviation.
- Author(s)Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
- PublisherAviation Supplies & Academics Inc
- Date of Publication16/04/2012
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNewcastle
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAviation Supplies & Academics Inc
- Content Note450 colour photos, 495 colour illus, 10 charts, 120 tables, 45 graphs & 75 diagrams
- Weight1134 g
- Width215 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine33 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $37.74Trending at AU $39.42
- AU $17.48Trending at AU $19.81
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.