Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $255.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $218.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn indispensable resource for all those who design, build, manage, and operate electronic navigation systems Avionics Navigation Systems, Second Edition, is a complete guide to the art and science of modern electronic navigation, focusing on aircraft. It covers electronic navigation systems in civil and military aircraft, helicopters, unmanned aerial vehicles, and manned spacecraft. It has been thoroughly updated and expanded to include all of the major advances that have occurred since the publication of the classic first edition. It covers the entire field from basic navigation principles, equations, and state-of-the-art hardware to emerging techlogies. Each chapter is devoted to a different system or techlogy and provides detailed information about its functions, design characteristics, equipment configurations, performance limitations, and directions for the future. You'll find everything you need to kw about: Traditional ground-based radio navigation Satellite systems: GPS, GLONASS, and their augmentations New inertial systems, including optical rate sensors, micromechanical accelerometers, and high-accuracy stellar-inertial navigators Instrument Landing System and its successors Integrated communication-navigation systems used on battlefields Airborne mapping, Doppler, and multimode radars Terrain matching Special needs of military aircraft And much more
- Author BiographyMYRON KAYTON, PhD, is President of Kayton Engineering Company, with forty years of experience designing avionic, navigation, communication, and process systems. He has served as TRW's Chief Engineer for Spacelab avionics, Head of System Engineering for Space Shuttle avionics, and Project Engineer for the electronics of the Inertial Upper Stage. During the Apollo project, he was Deputy Manager for Lunar Module Guidance and Control at NASA's Johnson Space Center and is a former section head at Litton's Guidance and Control Division, where he designed some of the earliest multisensor navigation systems. Dr. Kayton is a Fellow of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) and an elected member of the corporate board of directors. An instrument-rated pilot, he also holds an FAA Project Raincheck certificate in air traffic control. WALTER R. FRIED, MS, is a navigation systems consultant who is widely known in the field of navigation. In his long career in aerospace electronics, he has worked on most types of navigation systems, as well as on air traffic management, airborne radar, antennas, and communication systems. He was instrumental in developing a new FM-CW Doppler navigation radar for helicopters that is still in widespread use. Mr. Fried was Chief Scientist for Subsystems of the F-111 Avionics System and Technical Director of the JTIDS Relative Navigation System. He served on the FAA-commissioned Blue-Ribbon RTCA Task Force on the Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) Transition and Implementation Strategy and on several other GPS-related RTCA Committees. A Fellow of the IEEE, he is a coauthor of the book Airborne Radar.
- Author(s)Myron Kayton,Walter R. Fried
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication14/05/1997
- SubjectTransport Technology
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Notemap
- Weight1272 g
- Width163 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine45 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.32
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.83
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.