All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $168.00Trending at AU $174.65
- AU $64.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $12.77
- AU $34.18Trending at AU $42.41
- AU $31.75Trending at AU $37.28
- AU $28.90Trending at AU $35.37
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $19.71
About this product
- DescriptionThe spread of female suffrage is one of the success stories of the 20th century, but it was t achieved without a great deal of hardship. Eyewitnesses tell the story from both sides of the Atlantic, and we learn that even today there is still some way to go. The humorous cartoon-style illustrations and the narrative approach encourage readers to get emotionally involved with the characters, aiding their understanding of what life would have been like being a Suffragette. Informative captions, a complete glossary and an index make this title an ideal introduction to the conventions of n-fiction texts for young readers.
- Author BiographyFiona Macdonald studied history at Cambridge University and at the University of East Anglia. She has taught in adult education and in schools and universities, and is the author of numerous books for children on historical topics. David Antram was born in Brighton, England, in 1958. He studied at Eastbourne College of Art and then worked in advertising for 15 years before becoming a full-time illustrator. He has since illustrated well over 100 titles, mainly for children and young adults, including around 60 in the bestselling 'You Wouldn't Want to Be' series.
- Author(s)Fiona MacDonald
- PublisherSalariya Book Company Ltd
- Date of Publication01/05/2009
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleThe Danger Zone
- Place of PublicationBrighton
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBook House
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Width212 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Illustrator(s)David Antram
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 2
- Interest Age7-11 years
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.