Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $88.03
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.76
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.44
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first book primarily directed toward assisting injured employees in gaining an understanding of the workers' compensation system, and in helping themselves and their families through the process of recovering from a work-related injury. By means of actual cases, readers are guided in both identification and avoidance of the risks and hazards of the system in order to help them achieve successful resolutions. The book also provides assistance to other involved parties in the workers' compensation system, such as medical professionals, employers, and insurance personnel, so that a positive outcome may be reached for all concerned. This guide begins with actual cases, and includes the history and development of the workers' compensation system, and a description of the conspicuous features of state laws. The book also gives the perspectives of medical and rehabilitation providers, insurance companies, and the employers. A self-help section is also included for injured workers in order to evaluate their situations and to analyze their options. The book also contains supplemental information regarding federal and state workers' compensation laws, associations that provide assistance, and information on specific injuries. This book is a valuable source for injured workers and their families. It addresses pertinent issues in workers' compensation cases, and challenges some generally accepted views. It is also helpful and informative to individuals in industry such as human resource managers, safety professionals, and persons in supervisory and managerial positions. This guide offers insightful information to medical and rehabilitation professionals, students of medical systems, insurance professionals and attorneys specializing in workers' compensation, resulting in improved communication for all those involved in the workers' compensation system.
- Author BiographyANNE TRAMPOSH is Vice-President and co-owner of Advantage Health Inc., a national industrial consulting company. She was formerly Director of Industrial Services and co-founder of Wx: Work Capacities Inc., a rehabilitation company specializing in prevention and treatment of workers' compensation injuries. A certified Rehabilitation Specialist, she has much experience in the development of training materials for industrial programs for health, safety, human resource, and management personnel.
- Author(s)Anne Tramposh
- Date of Publication24/06/1991
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Publishers Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight413 g
- Width141 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.