All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.12
About this product
- DescriptionA contemporary look at traditional devotions from well-kwn Catholic writers. In Awake My Soul, editor James Martin, S.J., offers a meaningful collection of fascinating essays focusing on devotions and their place in the life of contemporary believers. Originally published as part of a Lenten series in America magazine, the essays discuss a favorite devotion, its history, its place in an individual's life, and its role in the life of contemporary Catholics. Some of today's top Catholic writers celebrate many traditional Catholic devotions such as the rosary, the stations of the cross, holy water, venas, relics, the Sacred Heart of Jesus, and more. Contributors include Ron Hansen; Emilie Griffin; Joan Chittister, O.S.B.; and Eric Stoltz. Awake My Soul introduces the practice of devotions to a new generation, and shows how the tradition of prayer can help people regain a sense of the mystery at the center of the Catholic faith.
- Author BiographyJames Martin, S.J., is associate editor of America magazine, the national Jesuit weekly. His books include Searching for God at Ground Zero and In Good Company. He currently resides in New York City.
- Author(s)James D. Martin
- PublisherLoyola University Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/04/2004
- SubjectChristian Personal Testimonies
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLoyola University Press,U.S.
- Weight163 g
- Width128 mm
- Height180 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.