All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAWAKENING THE HEROES WITHIN The heroic quest is about saying 'yes' to yourself and in so doing, becoming more fully alive and more effective in the world...The quest is replete with dangers and pitfalls, but it offers great rewards: the capacity to be successful in the world, kwledge of the mysteries of the human soul, and the opportunity to find and express your unique gifts in the world .In this bold and original work, Carol S. Pearson shows that the heroic quest isn't just for certain people under special circumstances. Exploring the many heroic paths available to each of us, at every point in our lives, her invative program enables us to live heroically by activating and applying twelve archetypes in our lives.This companion to the best-selling 'The Hero Within' outlines twelve archetypal patterns that can aid inner development and the quest for wholeness.'These archetypes are inner guides that can help us:'* prepare for the journey, by learning how to become successful members of society* embark upon the quest, by becoming initiated into the mysteries of the human soul; and* return to transform our lives as a result of claiming our uniqueness and personal powerWriting for individuals seeking to realise their full potential and professionals engaged in empowering others, Pearson shows how journeys differ by the age, gender, and cultural background of the seeker, and how archetypes help awaken the capacities of our psyches. A unique diagstic test, the Heroic Myth Index, and exercises are included to help us understand and awaken our inner guides.
- Author BiographyCarol S. Pearson, Ph.D., is a world-renowned expert on depth psychology and transformational leadership and is the author of such classic works as The Hero Within, Awakening the Heroes Within, and The Hero and the Outlaw. She served most recently as president of Pacifica Graduate Institute and speaks and consults with many groups, universities, and businesses. She lives with her husband in Santa Barbara, California.
- Author(s)Carol S. Pearson
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication11/09/1991
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight502 g
- Width209 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine26 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.79
- AU $7.52Trending at AU $8.17
- AU $15.64Trending at AU $18.65
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.29
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $46.74
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $27.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.