All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionAustralian journalist Helen Hutcheon has always had a way with words and words have taken her away on incredible journeys during a 60-year career with P&O Cruises, Woman's Day, the Australian Women's Weekly, Vogue Living and Travelweek. The reader travels with Helen from the fabulous 'tent city' near the ruins of Persepolis where the 2,500th anniversary of the founding of the Persian Empire was celebrated, to Saigon during the Vietnam war when Woman's Day played Santa to thousands of orphaned and refugee children, to 'brown bagging' in North Carolina and a bloodied ending in a search for the best curry in Fiji. Helen also introduces people like the Shah of Iran, Princess Grace of Monaco and Audrey Hepburn. Away with Words evokes a long-gone era of journalism when writers bashed out stories on clapped-out typewriters using carbon paper to keep copies and photographers brought their film back from the other side of the world to process it in the office dark room.
- Author BiographyHelen Hutcheon is now regional correspondent for UK-based global cruise industry magazine Seatrade Cruise Review and its 24/7 news site Seatrade Cruise News.
- Author(s)Helen Hutcheon
- PublisherImpact Press
- Date of Publication05/09/2016
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintImpact Press
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.