All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWonderful, mind-expanding stuff, and well written too. --The Guardian Axiomatic is a wonderful collection of eighteen short stories by Hugo Award--winning author Greg Egan. The stories in this collection have appeared in such science fiction magazines as Interzone and Asimov's between 1989 and 1992. From junkies who drink at the time-stream to love affairs in time-reversed galaxies; from gene-altered dolphins that converse only in limericks to the program that allows you to design your own child; from the brain implants called axiomatics to the strange attractors that spin off new religions; from bioengineering to the new physics; and from cyberpunk to the electronic frontier, Greg Egan's future is frighteningly close to our own present. Included in this collection are such wonderful stories as: Axiomatic Into Darkness The Safe-Deposit Box Blood Sisters And many more! Axiomatic is the perfect collection for any science fiction fan, especially one who enjoys Greg Egan's work. The stories are imaginative and insightful, and written only the way that Greg Egan can do so. Skyhorse Publishing, under our Night Shade and Talos imprints, is proud to publish a broad range of titles for readers interested in science fiction (space opera, time travel, hard SF, alien invasion, near-future dystopia), fantasy (grimdark, sword and sorcery, contemporary urban fantasy, steampunk, alternative history), and horror (zombies, vampires, and the occult and supernatural), and much more. While t every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller, a national bestseller, or a Hugo or Nebula award-winner, we are committed to publishing quality books from a diverse group of authors.
- Author BiographyGreg Egan is a computer programmer, and the author of the acclaimed SF novels The Arrows of Time, Distress, Diaspora, Quarantine, Permutation City, and Teranesia. He has won the Hugo Award as well as the John W. Campbell Memorial Award. His short fiction has been published in a variety of places, including Interzone, Asimov's, and Nature. He lives in Perth, Australia.
- Author(s)Greg Egan
- PublisherNight Shade Books
- Date of Publication20/11/2014
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Place of PublicationNewberg
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNight Shade Books
- Weight371 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.71
- AU $20.42Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $23.42Trending at AU $26.67
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.10
- AU $56.62Trending at AU $60.72
- AU $7.48Trending at AU $12.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.