Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.12Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.42Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionTarot, Kabbalah, Christianity, Shinto, Buddhism, Taoism, Metaphysics, Psychology, Philosophy, Alchemy... What do these have in common? More than you might think at first. Ayam Yogi Abraxas shares the fruits of his studies and how to practically apply these in daily life. More than just an introduction, there is something for all levels of understanding here. Even someone unfamiliar with these will have a better understanding of their own thoughts. This book explores teachings from the Bible, the Torah, Taoism, Shinto, Kabbalah, Hindu mythology, Buddhism and several other philosophies, as well as the author's own experiences. Part practical and part esoteric this treatise is both lighthearted and serious, encapsulating the yin and the yang, and the Oneness of All. Meet the Ayam and the Maya in you. One additional te: Although the publisher is in the United States, the author is from Canada. Thus, this book has been edited with British Canadian spelling and grammar in mind.
- Author BiographyMy first lucid dream, as a little boy, in which I flew off the Earth into the sky left a great impression on me, as did my experiments with psychedelics and meditation, beginning in my early teenage years. My efforts to understand these experiences have influenced me more than anything else in my life so far. I devoted my life to spirituality after having to quit my job in Alberta due to a severe panic attack and a series of foreboding dreams, which instructed me clearly, and severely, to take this course of action. I moved to British Columbia to study Yoga and experienced there two Ayahuasca ceremonies with Peruvian Shamans. After, I decided to change my name to Ayam Yogi Abraxas. My new name was to serve as my motto and mantra for the years to come, and as a reminder to never return to the materially based life I had left behind. It also gave me some much needed distance from my childhood and old identity. For the last seven years, I have been studying Tarot, and I began doing public readings and astrological nativity birth charts three years ago. I also started hitchhiking, and living in a tent at this time, traveling across Canada from coast to coast as an experiment in manifestation magick. I have experienced many remarkable synchronicities since then, and it has served as a vehicle (pun intended) to talk about my life and ideas to nearly everyone I have met along the way. I have been an avid reader for as long as I can remember, and I have always enjoyed writing poetry, lyrics, essays and short stories. AyaMayA is my first book, and I plan to begin writing a semi-autobiographical fiction after taking some time to relax and travel in the United States, Mexico, and South America.
- Author(s)Ayam Yogi Abraxas
- Date of Publication15/04/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight358 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byTeresa Garcia
- Illustrator(s)Marantha Dreamweaver Jenelle
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.