Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.04
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.68
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.94
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
About this product
- DescriptionAyurveda is a holistic, integrated health system that originated in India over 6,000 years ago. It has gained great prominence and interest in the west thanks to the work of best-selling Ayurvedic practitioner Dr. Deepak Chopra. Ayurveda teaches that there are three governing principles (doshas) that make up each individual, and that each person must be aware of the connection between the mind and the body in order to create harmony and good health. By properly balancing one's doshas with the use of herbal remedies, color therapies, music therapies, massage, aromatherapy, and yoga (among others), Ayurveda can be used to combat illnesses ranging from depression to insomnia to ulcers. This comprehensive guide to Ayurveda is presented in a practical, accessible style that will appeal to the millions turning to alternative therapies.
- Author BiographyDr. Helen Mary Thomas is Doctor of Chiropractic who has studied Ayurveda since 1987 with Dr. Deepak Chopra, Vasant Lad, Raju and especially her mentor, Dr. Narendra Pendse, MD of Pune and Mumbai, India. Dr. Helen Thomas and her husband Dr. Craig Thomas have established the Thomas Chiropractic & Ayurveda Center in Santa Rosa, California. The center provides comprehensive and holistic techniques that synthesize chiropractic, Ayurveda, NAET, Bodywork, and Bioenergetics.
- Author(s)Dr Helen Mary Thomas
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication21/11/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight435 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.