All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionThis kind of systematic work is exactly what is needed for people to help bridge traditional Ayurvedic practice with modern science. -Venkatraman Ramakrishnan, Nobel laureate, current president of the Royal Society and group leader at the Medical Research Council Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge Biomedical Campus, UK Ayurvedic Pharmacopoeial Plant Drugs: Expanded Therapeutics is the first review of all the therapeutic sections of 456 plant drugs in the first six volumes of the Ayurvedic Pharmacopoeia of India. It covers pharmacogsy of classical Ayurvedic herbs, their chemical constituents, therapeutic uses, and doses on the basis of contemporary scientific literature. The book reviews the classical attributes, compounds, and textual references of Ayurvedic plant drugs and updates the pharmacopoeial attributes of Ayurvedic herbs and formulations to make them more industry-oriented and facilitate their implementation. Sanskrit termilogy has been converted into English equivalents, and botanical names assigned to Ayurvedic herbs in the text have been reviewed in historical as well as contemporary contexts. This will assist those who are t conversant with Sanskrit or have found multiple names of the same herb in Ayurvedic reference works and in different regions of India. With these salient features, this book provides an added scientific edge to the new generation of Ayurvedic students, faculty members, researchers, and enterprising phytopharmaceutical scientists. In addition, the scientific temper of this resource will help unravel many of the intricacies of classical Ayurveda.
- Author BiographyC. P. Khare is the founder and president of the Society for New Age Herbals, a forum for promoting evidence-based herbal medicine, in New Delhi, India. He has been an herbalist, herbal drug consultant, and herbal historian for more than sixty years. C. P. Khare was born into a family of traditional herbal physicians. He studied the original Ayurvedic texts in Sanskrit and Unani in Urdu and acquired firsthand knowledge of the cultivation and processing of herbs and their usage before going to college. His reference works find a prominent place in prestigious universities, teaching institutions, and libraries across the world.
- Author(s)C. P. Khare
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication09/11/2015
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations
- Weight1315 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine38 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.