All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEver present in the Pacific from Pearl Harbor to VJ-Day during World War II (1939-1945), the B-24 Liberator proved to be the staple heavy bomber of the campaign. From its igminious beginnings in the Allied rout in the Philippines and the Dutch East Indies, the bomber weathered the Japanese storm with a handful of bomb groups, which played a crucial role in checking the enemy's progress firstly in New Guinea, and then actively participating in the 'island hopping' campaign through the south-west Pacific.
- Author BiographyRobert F Dorr is a well respected author of long-standing reputation - he has written over a dozen books for Osprey over the years. His histories on modern American combat aircraft like the F-101 Voodoo and A-6 Intruder have set the standard for works of this type. His ability to combine 'crew speak' with concise editorial comment gives his books a unique and revealing style of their own.
- Author(s)Robert F. Dorr
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/03/1999
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleOsprey Combat Aircraft
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 11
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Note100 b&w and 30 colour illustrations
- Weight299 g
- Width185 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine8 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $37.74Trending at AU $39.42
- AU $17.48Trending at AU $19.81
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.