All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book, Boeing B-29 Superfortress Units of the Korean War is the story of a majestic bomber of the propeller era flying perilous combat missions against a sleek, nimble warplane of the jet age, the Soviet MiG-15. A very heavy bomber and a sky giant during World War 2, at that time the most advanced combat aircraft in the world, the B-29 was reclassified a medium bomber by the time North Korea attacked its southern neighbour in 1950. Many of its crew members had fought their war and settled down to raise families and begin careers only to be recalled to fight ather war on a distant Asian peninsula.
- Author BiographyRobert F Dorr is a well respected author of long-standing reputation - he has written over a dozen books for Osprey over the years. His histories on modern American combat aircraft like the F-101 Voodoo and A-6 Intruder have set the standard for works of this type. His ability to combine 'crew speak' with concise editorial comment gives his books a unique and revealing style of their own. Mark has illustrated several books in both the Aces and Combat Aircraft series. He has switched mediums from airbrush to Mac art, and has produced some of the best profiles Osprey has used to date in Combat Aircraft 18, 22 and 33.
- Author(s)Robert F. Dorr
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication17/12/2003
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleCombat Aircraft
- Series Part/Volume Number42
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.), ports.
- Weight315 g
- Width185 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine9 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.00Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.