All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $92.76
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.73
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.60
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $51.92
- AU $78.77Trending at AU $115.92
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.71
About this product
- DescriptionNew York, 1979: a dance crew in the Bronx called the Rock Steady Crew introduces the world to the original and most popular dance of the hip hop world - BBoy dancing - where DJs create breaks in the music tracks for dancers to showcase their moves. London, 1996: a small event kwn as the BBoy Championships is launched at London's Shepherd's Bush Empire to reignite the fire of the B-Boy movement, which then takes up home in the Brixton O2 Academy. Over 15 years later, BBoy has set the world alight, with crews from the US to Scandinavia, the UK to the Far East competing in the UK BBoy Championships every year. In BBoy Championships: From Bronx to Brixton, the founder of the Championships, DJ Hooch, has brought together over 100 stunning full-colour images from 15 years of the ultimate BBoy competition; and explains the moves, styles, battles and crews that have taken the world by storm, showcasing the top BBoys and girls as they face off in the battle to end all battles.
- Author BiographyDJ Hooch is a promoter & DJ, with his own agency - Pro-Dance - representing some of the top B-Boys and girls. He had the longest-running hip-hop club in the UK (1991-2003) in Covent Garden's Africa Centre, and founded the B-Boy Championships in 1996, which he now runs every year. He also works as a consultant with major blue chip firms and TV companies, and organizes world class B-Boy/hip hop events.
- Author(s)DJ Hooch
- PublisherEbury Publishing
- Date of Publication25/08/2011
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVirgin Books
- Content NoteIllustrations (chiefly col.)
- Weight616 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.