Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $59.39Trending at AU $61.38
About this product
- DescriptionIn B.C. - Yukon Sketches, Eric N. Foster explores two landscapes: the outer landscape of the small working towns of lumbering, mining, and farming as they were fifty to sixty years ago; and the inner landscape of a young man searching for a meaningful maturity for himself through working and talking with others as he meets them. In his poetry and verse, Eric paints with the brush of the artist that he also is. He tes in the tiniest detail how the Spring comes upon the land in the North. As the musician that he too is, he describes for us how the forest, farm and ocean sound as the earth warms. With his probing intellect, Eric records with amazing acumen the conversations the narrator has with himself and with the strong hard-working men and women who populated the logging camps, the mining camps, and the farms of this western Canada frontier as it was, and to a large extent, still is. You will be enthralled with every poem and story herein as the young man who, born and living in England until he moved to Vancouver Island at the age of seven, falls in love with the landscape and the people of B.C. and the Yukon. You will too. Bob Aitken, Cobble Hill, B.C. April, 2012
- Author BiographyEric N. Foster was born in England near Newcastle-On-Tyne in 1933. He was sent to Canada in 1941 to Fairbridge Farm School near Duncan, B.C. on Vancouver Island. As a boy he developed a keen interest in nature and people which he enlarged while studying at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver. Some of his work in this volume such as The Winter Maple, Sunset Over Active Pass and Visiting Fisherman's Wharf are imaginary and descriptive while nearly all of the other pieces are based upon personal experiences or upon the real life experiences of others. At the present time the author lives in Saltair, near Ladysmith on Vancouver Island.
- Author(s)MR Eric N Foster
- Date of Publication02/09/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight231 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.