All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.18
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $105.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.32
About this product
- DescriptionBPP University School of Health is collaborating with the British Medical Journal to publish a series of major new reference titles across a number of subject areas. Each volume presents a range of important reference material on specific clinical topics the content of which has been carefully selected from the wealth of information contained in the extensive recent archives of the BMJ and published in the various editions of the journal. These books will provide an invaluable reference source on current best practice for all clinicians. This book presents a collection of carefully selected clinical reviews published in the British Medical Journal focusing on emergency medicine, perioperative and critical care written by highly recognised authors from different backgrounds. It deals with a diverse range of traumas which can be presented in emergency medicine and discusses the appropriate treatments to manage them.Subjects discussed include; emergency and early management of burns and scalds, early fluid resuscitation in severe trauma, cardiopulmonary resuscitation, prehospital management of severe traumatic brain injury, treating the effects of exposure to tear gas, pain management and sedation for children in the emergency department, central veus catheters, paracetamol poisoning, hyperkalaemia, managing anaemia in critically ill adults, laryngitis, viral meningitis, spontaneous intracerebral haemorrhage, cauda equina syndrome, ventilator associated pneumonia, spontaneous pneumothorax, diagsis and management of pulmonary embolism, aortic dissection, diagsis and supraventricular tachycardia, extracorporeal life support, refeeding syndrome: what it is, and how to prevent and treat it and the role of interventional radiology in trauma and anaphylaxis.
- Author BiographyDr Babita Jyoti is a Radiation Oncologist with a special interest in Paediatric Proton Therapy. She graduated in Medicine in India followed by training in UK and obtained MRCP (UK) & FRCR (UK). She trained as a Clinical Oncologist at Clatterbridge Cancer Centre. She is currently working at the University of Florida Health Proton Therapy Institute in Paediatric Proton Therapy. She has been a PBL tutor and an OSCE examiner at Manchester Medical School.
- Author(s)Babita Jyoti,Michail A. Karvelis
- PublisherBPP Learning Media
- Date of Publication30/08/2015
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleBMJ Clinical Review Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBPP Learning Media
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.