Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.11
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.45
- AU $31.43Trending at AU $36.86
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $34.21
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.82
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.28
- AU $18.81Trending at AU $22.17
About this product
- DescriptionIn an engaging style with extensive full-colour photographs, the book covers the evolution and legacy of the R90S, and is complete with production numbers, design changes, visual details, and interesting racing history. Reg Pridmore, who in 1976 provided BMW with their only AMA Superbike Championship, contributes his recollections of campaigning the R90S. Many other legendary BMW figures and enthusiasts around the world helped the author with research, interviews, and photography. Beautifully designed and printed, this book could stand alone as a stunning coffee table book. But it is much more than that. Falloon writes with eugh detail to make restoring these great bikes much easier, and also includes a chapter on how to live with an R90S, using them as reliable daily commuters, making popular upgrades, and what to look for if you are in the market for one. Because the R90S was built in relatively large numbers, it is still possible to buy one at a reasonable price, and many enthusiasts are doing just that. Excellent parts availability, a wealth of specialist services, and an enthusiastic owners circle ensure that the R90S is t merely a show pony, but a classic motorcycle to be ridden and enjoyed.
- Author BiographyIan Falloon is the author of over twenty books on motorcycles. He specialises in historical work. As an active motorcyclist for over 40 years, he has a small collection of classic machines, including a Daytona Orange BMW R90S.
- Author(s)Ian Falloon
- PublisherWhitehorse Press
- Date of Publication01/08/2014
- SubjectRoad & Motor Vehicles: General Interest
- Place of PublicationNorth Conway
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWhitehorse Press
- Content Note150 colour photos
- Weight526 g
- Width215 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine13 mm
Most relevant reviews
- bliksem6801 Jun, 2017by
As a guide to R90S restoration it is not all that useful.
Way too much padding. Why so much information on other BM models & history when the book is supposed to be about the R90S is a mystery. No detail whatsoever on correct colour matching formulations. Unimpressed.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New