All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionContinues to reveal - from access to factory records and key personnel - the tortured history of Britain's most emotionally charged and passionately operated Formula 1 racing team. Doug Nye is the world's most respected author and researcher on the historic racing scene, while the late Tony Rudd's distinguished motor industry career included many years as BRM designer and chief engineer. Little wonder, then, that their first two volumes of BRM - The Saga of British Racing Motors have been hailed as providing the most detailed and authoritative history of a grand prix team ever published. The first (ISBN: 0 947981 37 3) covers the birth of BRM, taking readers through the years of the troublesome V16 cars and the 4-cylinder 2.5-litre models of the 1950s. The second (ISBN: 1 899870 00 8) volume moves the story forward into the V8 era with the last cars built around a tubular chassis. Now, with Volume 3, we enter the mocoque era, when Graham Hill scored three of his five Monaco GP wins and two of his three in the US GP. There is also full coverage of the important Tasman cars raced in Australasia, the last of the Le Mans Rover turbine projects and BRM's involvement in CanAm sports car racing. Having unique access to the BRM company files, the authors were able to delve deeply into the emotion-charged background to all these activities, and fortuitously Tony Rudd's invaluable input to the text had been completed prior to his sad and unforeseen death. As with the preceding books, Volume 3 will be printed in 2500 numbered copies. The final volume, which will conclude the saga of BRM, will feature the H16 and V12 cars from 1968 to 1978.
- Author BiographyDoug Nye is widely acknowledged as the world's foremost authority on classic and historic international motor racing. His expertise is widely sought by car owners, restorers and racers and his accuracy and attention to detail is renowned throughout the book publishing world. BRM has always been his particular passion, and his three volumes on the marque (with a fourth and final volume to come) have set a standard of unrivalled comprehensiveness which have earned him many accolades and awards.</p>Tony Rudd was a former BRM chief designer and team manager, who passed away during preparation of the book BRM: The Saga of British Racing Motors.
- Author(s)Doug Nye,Tony Rudd
- PublisherMotor Racing Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication22/02/2008
- SubjectInventions & Technology: General Interest
- Place of PublicationCroydon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMotor Racing Publications Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1719 g
- Width215 mm
- Height273 mm
- Spine29 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.