All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThere are lots of books about the BSA Bantam, about its history, performance, lineage and the minutae of its specification, but ne of them will tell you what to look for when buying one secondhand. That's what this book is about - it aims at being a straightforward, practical guide to buying a used Bantam. It won't list all the correct color combinations for each year, or analyze the bike's design philosophy, or consider its background as part of a troubled industry - there are excellent books listed at the end of this one which do all of that. But hopefully it will help you avoid buying a dud. Point by point, it takes the reader through everything that needs looking at when buying a Bantam, plus spares prices, which is the best model to buy for your needs, a look at auctions, restorations and paperwork. Over 23 years of production, the Bantam is for some the definitive postwar British lightweight, perhaps even the definitive one, with all its strengths, weaknesses and character. Although there might seem to be a wide range of models and special editions, all are based around the same 123, 148 or 174cc two-stroke engine. There were plenty of changes over the years, but ne of them changed the basic format of this classic British commuter. But aside from all the history, the Bantam remains a tremendous classic to own. It might t have the glamour of a big road-burning Bonneville or Gold Star, but the Bantam remains the most affordable route into classic bike ownership - better still, it's a lot of fun!
- Author BiographyPeter Henshaw has had an enthusiasism for anything with wheels from an early age - from bicycles to 500hp tractors. He was Editor of Motorcycle Sport & Leisure for five years before going freelance, and now contributes to a whole range of transport magazines including MSL, TAG, A to B and Tractor, as well as The Telegraph. Peter has also written over 30 books, including 10 about bikes, and is an all-year-round motorcyclist who does not own a car.
- Author(s)Peter Henshaw
- PublisherVeloce Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication10/07/2008
- SubjectRoad & Motor Vehicles: General Interest
- Series TitleEssential Buyer's Guide
- Place of PublicationDorset
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVeloce Publishing Ltd
- Content Note105 col. Illustrations
- Weight136 g
- Width139 mm
- Height195 mm
- Spine5 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $37.74Trending at AU $39.42
- AU $17.48Trending at AU $19.81
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.