Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $59.39Trending at AU $61.38
About this product
- DescriptionThe book outlines the smoking cessation program created to reduce the burden of tobacco use for parents who are looking forward to starting a family and want to do so smoke-free. Quitting smoking is one of the most important steps a pregnant woman can make to have a healthy baby. The Baby & Me -- Tobacco Free Program is a proven method to help women quit smoking and stay quit after the baby is born. By reducing the rate of prenatal smoking, the program has successfully decreased the number of babies born prematurely and increased the number of babies born at a healthy weight. This program guides and supports a woman through the stages of quitting.
- Author BiographyLaurie Adams is the national program director of Baby and Me Tobacco Free, a smoking cessation program created to reduce the burden of tobacco use on the pregnant and postpartum population. The program's design has proved effective in decreasing the number of women who smoke during and after pregnancy. In 2005, the program was awarded a Model Practice Award by the National Association of City and County Health Officials. Maternal and child health have been at the center of her work as a prenatal instructor, labor support doula, and smoking cessation facilitator for close to three decades. For Pamela McColl, maternal and child health have been at the center of her work as a prenatal instructor, labor support doula and smoking cessation facilitator for close to three decades. She is an author, blogger and award winning bestselling publisher. Her recent publication of the first ever smoke-free edition of the classic Twas The Night Before Christmas was a media sensation as national and international media took up her call for more to be done in efforts of tobacco prevention to better protect the next generation from the risks of smoking, noteworthy NBC Nightly News, USA Today, The Guardian, The View, Wall Street Journal, Huffington Post, CBC and NPR National Radio. Bonnie Berk, MS, RN, HNB-BC, E-RYT, RPYT, is a board certified holistic nurse. She is a pioneer in using Yoga as a complementary therapy for people with cancer and chronic diseases. In 1980, she founded the Motherwell Maternity Fitness Program. She also developed the Motherwell Yoga DVD and Baby's Breath two-CD set for pregnant women planning for a healthy pregnancy and positive childbirth experience.
- Author(s)Laurie Adams,Pamela McColl
- PublisherGrafton and Scratch Publishers
- Date of Publication01/07/2013
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGrafton and Scratch Publishers
- Weight212 g
- Width140 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.