All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $63.56Trending at AU $66.57
- AU $79.36Trending at AU $81.11
- AU $59.68Trending at AU $66.58
- AU $9.23Trending at AU $10.19
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $53.99
- AU $10.00Trending at AU $18.44
- AU $10.95Trending at AU $14.34
About this product
- DescriptionThis title follows a porcupette from her birth in a cave in early May until early fall when she is able to survive away from her mother. This talented writer/photographer team provides a well-balanced combination of information with extraordinary full-color photos obtained by observing a mother and her baby in a Minnesota forest. Readers are given insight into the animal's diet and behavior and a look at some of the other wildlife that shares her habitat. A captivating moment comes when a fisher comes after the baby while she is alone, and includes images of her attempt to protect herself by squeezing into some rocks and of her predator with a se full of quills. Though the text is spare, the glimpses that it provides of the daily life of a porcupine are fascinating. A Did You Kw? section offers additional bits of trivia. Deep in a Minnesota forest, a baby porcupine (called a porcupette) hides in a warm cave while she grows and develops. A climber from her second day in the world, the little porcupette is slow and pudgy; she is still in danger from predators. But as she grows bigger and stronger, her quills will also grow, and soon she will longer need her mother's protection.
- Author BiographyAubrey Lang has been a science writer and wildlife photographer for the past 25 years and a freelance writer for more than fifteen years.Wayne Lynch has seen his work published in more than two-dozen countries. With Aubrey Lang he has produced nearly 40 titles for children and adults, and countless articles in well-known nature magazines, including Ranger Rick, Owl, Wild, National Wildlife, and Canadian Geographic.
- Author(s)Aubrey Lang
- PublisherFitzhenry & Whiteside Ltd
- Date of Publication15/08/2006
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Place of PublicationMarkham
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintFitzhenry & Whiteside Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight286 g
- Width222 mm
- Height180 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.