All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $13.49
About this product
- DescriptionWhen you are the last of a clan and you see your own history coming to an end you reminisce a lot. You think about the good old days and were they fun, and you ask yourself what happened to all the friends of my youth. Those thoughts key up other thoughts about mom and dad, pets we had and my brother. Soon you see a picture all jumbled and going fast-forward loud, mumbling, quirky, sharp and soft focus and you hear a voice saying write me!, write me!, and write I did. Once I started there was stopping although aside from my immediate family I had to blend characters for the friends of my youth had gone to the four winds or to their last reward. The story is about growing up in the late 1930s and early 40s. It tells of their daily activities and how they view the World War and how they coped and how they loved. It follows the main characters through high school, courtship and marriage. The book takes place in the towns of Valley Stream and Babylon on Long Island in New York and in the fictional community of Tabbert's Corners in western New York State. I am t trying to create a following or preach about how good things were in the good old days. I just had this story in me that I felt compelled to write. The characters are true to themselves and stay bonded by a friendship fused over their lifetime.
- Author(s)Bob Battersby
- Date of Publication23/06/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight277 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.