All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $17.82Trending at AU $19.81
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.15
About this product
- DescriptionThis book contains new translations and a new analysis of the procedure texts of Babylonian mathematical astromy, the earliest kwn form of mathematical astromy of the ancient world. The translations are based on a modern approach incorporating recent insights from Assyriology and translation science. The work contains updated and expanded interpretations of the astromical algorithms and investigations of previously igred linguistic, mathematical and other aspects of the procedure texts. Special attention is paid to issues of mathematical representation and over 100 photos of cuneiform tablets dating from 350-50 BCE are presented. In 2-3 years, the author intends to continue his study of Babylonian mathematical astromy with a new publication which will contain new editions and reconstructions of approx. 250 tabular texts and a new philological, astromical and mathematical analysis of these texts. Tabular texts are end products of Babylonian math astromy, computed with algorithms that are formulated in the present volume, Procedure Texts.
- Author(s)Mathieu Ossendrijver
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication08/05/2014
- SubjectScience: General & Reference
- Series TitleSources and Studies in the History of Mathematics and Physical Sciences
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note129 black & white tables, biography
- Weight1565 g
- Width210 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine33 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.