All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEven though eight-year-old Ernestine lives with her family up North, back home is Lumberton, North Carolina, the place where she was born and where her mama grew up. From the moment she steps off the train, Ernestine feels right at home in the lush, green countryside, working on the family farm, and spending time with her aunt, uncle, and cousins. This stalgic, sweetly humorous visit home--based on Gloria Pinkney's own childhood memories--is perfect for intergenerational sharing.
- Author BiographyGloria Pinkney was born in Lumberton North Carolina where she set her first book <i>Back Home</i>. While attending high school in Philadelphia she met her husband illustrator Jerry Pinkney who attributes much of his success to her long-standing involvement in his work. Over the years Gloria and Jerry have has collaborated in making quality books for children. She has hired his models, assembled costumes, photographed sets, and helped him research. Today, she continues to be closely involved with the illustration process. <i>Back Home</i> marked a new collaboration between the Pinkneys -- the first book written by Gloria and illustrated byJerry the product of a long happy and productive partnership. The Pinkneys have four adult children, all of whom are working in the creative arts.
- Author(s)Gloria Jean Pinkney
- PublisherPenguin Books Australia
- Date of Publication24/06/1999
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationHawthorn
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- Out-of-print date30/01/2010
- Content Notecolour
- Weight181 g
- Width229 mm
- Height273 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Illustrator(s)Jerry Pinkney
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $30.04
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $72.23
- AU $23.82Trending at AU $25.91
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.74
- AU $45.91Trending at AU $54.15
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.32
- AU $36.14Trending at AU $41.19
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.