Back Office and Operational Risk: Symptoms, Sources and Cures by Mervyn J. King (Paperback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $85.99Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $48.47Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis fully revised and updated third edition of the groundbreaking book Back Office and Beyond, w retitled Back Office and Operational Risk, is an essential read for anyone working in a financial organisation: whether front, middle or back office; trainee, staff or manager. With practical guidance and advice throughout, including key excerpts from international financial authorities, this book details all you need to kw to ensure your organisation avoids the various pitfalls of operational risk. It provides rigorous instruction and information including: - Basic responsibilities and systems at all levels. - Specific demands of numerous deal types and products, from capture to clearing. - Reconciliations and investigations. - Risk management, identification and control. In the aftermath of the 2008-2009 financial crisis, there has never been a more important time for institutions to ensure they are secure from the hazards of operational risk.This book is written by an expert in the field of operations, a former designer of the ACI Dealing Certificate with over twenty years' senior treasury experience, and should help ensure that any organisation both survives and thrives in the face of widespread daily hazards. With so many banks offering similar products and pricing, accurate and speedy settlements have become a competition issue t to be igred. The first two editions of this book became the benchmark references for best practice in back office procedures, and this new edition builds on this solid foundation to offer a fully updated and revised guide.
- Author BiographyAfter graduating in Classics from the University of Cambridge in 1969, Mervyn King gained over twenty years' treasury experience in senior positions with top names in the City. Subsequently he became Chairman of the Executive Committee of FEL and following his mandate in 1995 to design their Pre-Diploma Examination (now ACI Dealing Certificate) he turned his focus to training. Since 1998 he has emerged as a trainer of international renown in treasury, risk and back office procedures, training staff from banks, IT software companies and supporters to the industry. He is also a past editor of Forex-Inter, the official ACI journal.
- Author(s)Mervyn J. King
- PublisherHarriman House Publishing
- Date of Publication11/01/2010
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Place of PublicationPetersfield
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarriman House Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight483 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $23.12Trending at AU $33.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.