All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.11
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.45
- AU $31.43Trending at AU $36.86
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $34.21
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.82
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.28
- AU $18.81Trending at AU $22.17
About this product
- DescriptionAs the art world expands globally, as art galleries become wholesalers to international art fairs, as museums and university art departments become entangled in the same irrational marketplace-artists-those individuals, without whom ne of this would exist, remain as precariously positioned in this cultural matrix as ever. Back Words: one painter's voice in the conversation ; is a narrative of a painter's search for an art of personal meaning and public relevance, that can withstand the hype and the fashion pressures of the contemporary art world, while striving to remain true to genuine contentions imposed by history and the substantial invations of the last century. From childhood, though art school, graduate study, and as studio instructor and college art gallery director, Peter Malone takes the reader along as he revisits the events and influences that took him from geometric abstraction to the portrait. In offering the reader a rare look inside an artist's mind, Back Words provides a fresh and unique perspective on many commonly held tions regarding contemporary art and the education of artists.
- Author BiographyBoth a native and lifetime resident of New York City, Peter Malone has exhibited his paintings in New York and across the country. His work is represented in numerous private and public collections. He has authored several catalog essays for exhibitions at the Kingsborough Community College Art Gallery of the City University of New York, where he currently serves as gallery director.
- Author(s)Peter Malone
- Date of Publication22/07/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight236 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.