Back from the Brink: True Stories and Practical Help for Overcoming Depression and Bipolar Disorder by Graeme Cowan (Paperback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $25.33+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $24.23+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIf you have severe depression or bipolar disorder, you may find it difficult to take that first step toward recovery. You aren't alone. In our society, many people with depression or bipolar disorder do t seek therapy or medical treatment due to the stigma that surrounds mental illness. Even people in progressive communities may t want to admit that they are on antidepressants or mood-balancing medications. Isn't it time we changed the way we thought about these illnesses? Centered on interviews with several people from of all walks of life, including Bob Boorstin, the director of public policy at Google, former tennis star Cliff Ritchey, and talk-show host Trisha Goddard, Back from the Brink offers people with depression and bipolar disorder real hope and real advice, as well as practical tools for putting what they've learned into practice in recovering from their symptoms. In addition to real interviews, the book also includes chapters that outline practical treatment and medication information that are based on recent research and a major global survey. This book came about in part because the author, Graeme Cowan, went through a five-year episode of depression which his psychiatrist described as the worst he had ever treated. This fueled Cowan's desire to prevent others from going the same thing. Through this horrific experience, and his own extensive research, Cowan has guided, taught, and inspired countless people through his books. If you are ready to put one foot in front of ather and take that daunting first step toward getting better, the true stories and treatment strategies presented in this book will both inform you and inspire you to make a real change.
- Author BiographyGraeme Cowan went through a five-year episode of depression which his psychiatrist described as the worst he had ever treated. This fueled his desire to prevent others from going the same thing. Through this horrific experience, and his own extensive research, he has guided, taught, and inspired countless people through his books, keynote speaking, and media appearances. Graeme Cowan lives in Australia.
- Author(s)Graeme Cowan
- PublisherNew Harbinger Publications
- Date of Publication20/03/2014
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationOakland, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Harbinger Publications
- Weight330 g
- Width155 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $73.96Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
- AU $17.66Trending at AU $21.74
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $38.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.