Backpacking North Carolina: The Definitive Guide to 43 Can't-Miss Trips from Mountains to Sea by Mark DiPaolo, Joe Miller (Paperback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $33.42+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $33.68+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJoe Miller brings us the first-ever stand-alone guidebook to backpacking in North Carolina, a state long kwn as a terrific backpacking destination. Covering 43 of the best trips the state has to offer, Backpacking North Carolina provides all the information necessary for beginning and experienced backpackers alike to enjoy hiking destinations from the mountains to the coast. Each trip description offers key maps and navigation information, including water sources and camping spots, as well as trip highlights and special considerations. Miller offers tips for enriching the experience, such as filling dark nights with stargazing and other activities, and gives advice for backpacking with children. Offering his expertise in a way that emphasizes the accessibility of backpacking, Miller encourages a wide range of nature lovers to give it a try, perhaps for the first time. Several best-of lists are included, featuring trips with exceptional nature study opportunities, water recreation, and easy excursions for beginners. Backpacking North Carolina takes the reader deep into a state full of natural wonder and adventure. Backpacking North Carolina has all the essentials for planning your trip, whether a quick weekend getaway or a longer adventure: Trips for beginner and expert backpackers alike Helpful essays to introduce each trail and its features Gear and safety advice for year-round backpacking Major points of interest highlighted on each trip Family-friendly trails and easy bailouts for when hiking with children Detailed trail maps and directions to trailheads Elevation profiles for each hike Estimated hike times and level of difficulty Camping permit requirements GPS coordinates for water sources and good camping spots Bullet lists of best trips for fishing, bird watching, waterfalls, and more Southern Gateways Guide is a registered trademark of the University of North Carolina Press |Miller brings us the first-ever stand-alone guidebook to backpacking in North Carolina, a state long kwn as a terrific backpacking destination. Covering 43 of the best trips the state has to offer, Backpacking North Carolina provides all the information necessary for beginning and experienced backpackers alike to enjoy hiking destinations from the mountains to the coast.
- Author BiographyJoe Miller is an outdoors and fitness writer based in Cary, N.C. He produces the outdoor recreation blog http://www.getgoingnc.com/ and is author of 100 Classic Hikes in North Carolina.
- Author(s)Joe Miller,Mark DiPaolo
- PublisherThe University of North Carolina Press
- Date of Publication15/03/2011
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleSouthern Gateways Guides
- Place of PublicationChapel Hill
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University of North Carolina Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, maps
- Weight417 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.27
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $66.30Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.