All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
About this product
- DescriptionBacterial Biogeochemistry, Third Edition focuses on bacterial metabolism and its relevance to the environment, including the decomposition of soil, food chains, nitrogen fixation, assimilation and reduction of carbon nitrogen and sulfur, and microbial symbiosis. The scope of the new edition has broadened to provide a historical perspective, and covers in greater depth topics such as bioenergetic processes, characteristics of microbial communities, spatial heterogeneity, transport mechanisms, microbial biofilms, extreme environments and evolution of biogeochemical cycles.
- Author BiographyIn 1986, Tom Fenchel was the recipient of the Ecology Institute Prize and the Huntsman Medal for Excellency in Oceanography. He is an honorary member of the Society for General Microbiology and is a Professor of Marine Biology and the Director of the Marine Biological Laboratory at the University of Copenhagen in Denmark. He has authored and co-authored several books and has published about 120 original and review papers on microbial ecology, marine biology and population biology. He holds a Ph.D and a Dr.Sc. from the University of Copenhagen and is a member of the Danish Royal Academy of Sciences and of the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences. Gary M. King has received the Distinguished Service Award from the Natural Council of Maine, the President's Creative Achievement Award from the University of Maine, and the Graduate Research and Teaching Award from the College of Science at the University of Maine. He was a Fulbright research fellow in Denmark from 1988-1990 and was the Chief Scientist/Aquanaut Team Leader for the Aquarius missions 88-2 and 89-2 and Hydolab 84-5. He received his Ph.D with honors from the University of Georgia, is a professor of Microbiology and Oceanography at the University of Maine, and has published more than 80 papers in refereed scientific journals.
- Author(s)Gary M. King,Henry Blackburn,Tom Fenchel
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication24/07/2012
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.)
- Weight720 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.