Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
- AU $30.79Trending at AU $36.54
About this product
- DescriptionGenetic investigations and manipulations of bacteria and bacteriophage have made vital contributions to our basic understanding of living cells and to the development of molecular biology and biotechlogy. This volume is a survey of the genetics of bacteria and their viruses, and it provides students with a comprehensive introduction to this rapidly changing subject. The book is written for upper level undergraduates and beginning graduate students, particularly those who have had an introductory genetics course. The fifth edition has been extensively revised to reflect recent advances in the field. The book w has a reader-friendly look, with end-of-chapter questions, Thinking Ahead and Applications boxes to challenge students' comprehension and insights. A complete glossary of commonly used terms has been revised and expanded.
- Author(s)Edward A. Birge
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication08/12/2005
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note29 black & white tables, biography
- Weight1250 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statement5th ed. 2006
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.