All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
About this product
- DescriptionBad Bad moves the unabashedly juvenile persona elliptically constructed in Zirconia into a seriously amusing, unblushing womanhood. The poems are equally clownish and fuck-offish, taking on with equivocal weightlessness the lexicons and trimmings of fashion, as it applies to the Self and the garments that clothe the Self, and self-obliteration, as experienced through immersion in the delights and disgust of the Other. come on the revulsion, the revulsion, when you bring it home, like seafoam, when you bring it home..., she writes, in an ecstacy of encounter. Minnis addresses the inner needs of the poet - the purpose of poetry is to seem as lifelike as possible so that you actually exist - and is everywhere concerned with the detation of that which is true and necessary to the true and necessary poet. it is a poem, which is a trough, where you can make your reputation, as a stiff, anyway, I am t trying to be human anymore, I am trying to be smart...in the head...like a pissant... .
- Author BiographyChelsey Minnis is the author of Zirconia, winner of the 2001 Alberta Prize from Fence Books. She is a graduate of the University of Colorado and the Iowa Writers Workship, and a native of Littleton, Colorado. She currently lives in Boulder, Colorado.
- Author(s)Chelsey Minnis
- PublisherFence Magazine Inc, Division of Fence Books
- Date of Publication15/06/2007
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFence Magazine Inc, Division of Fence Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight181 g
- Width152 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.