CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.46Trending at AU $31.88
- AU $55.57Trending at AU $56.93
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.75
- AU $29.92Trending at AU $31.38
- AU $46.03Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $12.65Trending at AU $12.99
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.43
About this product
- DescriptionIn the grand tradition of My Secret Life and Henry Miller's Tropic of Cancer and Tropic of Capricorn, this palimpsest of a book, woven into a narrative from the secret journals of more than fifty years of the life of Bill Dingel, becomes a picaresque, or episodic, romance that shows a man who is a lover, t an abuser, of women, girls, boys and even ladyboys, as he moves through the east coast of America of the 50s and the west coast in San Francisco of the 60s, and then through Asia as well, in the 70s through the 90s, finding love and lovers in his own inimitable style. The book is also his personal commentary on life and mores in the second half of the twentieth century, written by a man full of curiosity and openness, with a sense of humor about who he is and how he expresses it. Join Bill as he travels through America and Asia, helping others as he helps himself, a man who truly likes other people and has inhibitions about exploring the possibilities of love despite a world seemingly full of moralists, government spies and censors, and religious right-wingers. He believes in persuasion, t coercion, and detests men who abuse and cause pain in order to get pleasure. Yet his experiences are often amazing. Bill brings the reader into his unusual world, a world that few see and less experience.
- Author BiographyFil Lewitt is the American author of a number of published books of fiction, non-fiction, and poetry. He was born in Boston in 1941, and has worked as a dishwasher, cook, jazz musician, hotel clerk, logger, farmer, hotel gardener, Zen Buddhist mediation teacher, casual yoga instructor, and, for more than 30 years in Japan, as a university teacher of writing and humanities. He and his young Japanese wife have now retired to live in southern Thailand by the sea under huge limestone cliffs, where Lewitt continues to write at home in the wood bungalow compound he designed, using his very varied life experiences to create works for a general reading public.
- Author(s)Fil Lewitt
- Date of Publication01/04/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectErotic Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.