All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.39
About this product
- DescriptionAn autobiographical account of a philosopher's fall from incence, Bad Faith relates the author's discovery of the God-like nature of morality and his realization that a self-styled atheist such as himself could therefore longer believe in it. The book describes in detail what the author's life was like both immediately before and immediately after this anti-epiphany. Proceeding from secular morality to secular amorality, the transformation was every bit as traumatic for this earnest moralist as the loss of belief in God would be for a devout theist. Yet a new basis for living finally emerges.
- Author BiographyJoel Marks is professor emeritus of philosophy at the University of New Haven. He has edited two books of philosophical psychology - The Ways of Desire: New Essays in Philosophical Psychology on the Concept of Wanting and (with Roger T. Ames) Emotions in Asian Thought: A Dialogue in Comparative Philosophy - and is the author of four books on ethics - Moral Moments: Very Short Essays on Ethics, Ought Implies Kant: A Reply to the Consequentialist Critique, Ethics without Morals: In Defense of Amorality, and It's Just a Feeling: The Philosophy of Desirism. Marks has also written numerous articles for professional journals and hundreds of op-eds and columns for newspapers and magazines. Since 2000 Marks has been a regular columnist for Philosophy Now magazine. His main areas of scholarly interest are theoretical and applied ethics, and both have come together recently in his thinking about animal ethics. Marks is currently a Bioethics Center Scholar at Yale University. His Website is www.docsoc.com.
- Author(s)Joel Marks
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication29/04/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight227 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.