Bad Habits: A Book of Confessions about Confession by Jenny McCarthy (Paperback / softback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $22.85+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.93+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionJenny McCarthy--actress, comedian, activist, and New York Times bestselling author--candidly recounts her humorous Catholic upbringing, from her childhood dream of becoming a nun to her Playmate of the Year centerfold, and all of the Hail Mary's in between. In keeping with the theme of her comedic New York Times bestsellers, from Belly Laughs to Love, Lust & Faking It, McCarthy brings her trademark honesty, humility, and humor to bear as she chronicles her often embarrassing, occasionally outlandish, and always entertaining life as a born-and-raised Catholic girl. Jenny attended one of the most prestigious all-girl Catholic schools in Chicago. While most young girls in Jenny's neighborhood were playing with Cabbage Patch dolls for fun, Jenny was playing with Jesus, Mary, and Joseph dolls. She had every intention of growing up and becoming a nun, but a few hilarious speed bumps and blinking red lights along the way changed her mind. Jenny never did accept Sister Mary's reasoning that she could avoid purgatory if she just bought a string necklace for $10. The fact that two of her aunts are simultaneously nuns and cops-yes, they carry guns and shoot people while wearing a habit-never made complete sense to her. And neither does her mother's insistence that Jenny bury certain religious statues in the front lawns of her houses before she sells them. But then again, Jenny does have four of them buried across Southern California. This book tells the story of what went wrong during Jenny's Catholic upbringing, or, as Jenny puts it w, what went right. Chapters include: I Knew I Should Have Worn Underwear to Church, Jesus' Baby Mama, Can Someone Kill Our Dog, Please?, and Oh No, My Mom is Going to Hell. BAD HABITS is a brutally honest, hilarious memoir that will delight the legions of Jenny McCarthy fans.
- Author BiographyJenny McCarthy is the author of six bestsellers, from the comedic Belly Laughs, Baby Laughs, Life Laughs, and Love, Lust & Faking It to her highly regarded books on autism, Louder than Words and Mother Warriors, and she is co-author of the bestselling Preventing Autism (written with Dr. Jerry Kartzinel). She has appeared in many films and television shows, graced the covers of magazines around the world, has been a spokesperson for Weight Watchers, and is currently the president of Generation Rescue (www.generationrescue.org). McCarthy lives in Los Angeles with her son, Evan.
- Author(s)Jenny McCarthy
- PublisherHyperion Books
- Date of Publication07/01/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHyperion Books
- Weight213 g
- Width138 mm
- Height212 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.