All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.39
About this product
- DescriptionBad Minds, High Places is the story of America's failed legal culture and the FBI raids on Cleveland from 2008 to the present. It portrays the foibles of American public life from Ohio to Washington State and the ethos under which its legal system operates. The book is an absorbing, n-fiction account of an attorney subjected to fraudulent charges, arrest, extradition, jail and coordinated aggression on a national basis after he published an editorial critical of a Cleveland, Ohio judge. The author forces the reader to see a new model for state judiciaries as self-serving interest groups with the most gruesome failures in jurisdictions where judges are elected and heavily politicized. Bad MInds, is t only about individual failure on the part of one judge. It tells how politicized judges, prosecutors, attorneys and police cooperated at the state and federal level to commit serial offenses and obstruct accountability for their failures. The originality of the book is in the magnitude and irony of the failures it exposes and the uncomprehending persona of the author as a character distinct from the consensus which created the failures besetting him.
- Author BiographyMr. Grundstein's pursuit of his interests has provided a good diversion from making a living. His education includes liberal arts at the University of Michigan, culinary training and a degree in piano performance. He has traveled on six continents and produced many articles, editorials, social commentaries and books. The subject matter of his works include public affairs, travel, food and the culture of food. Under duress, he will admit he went to law school and is a state bar member, but found a dignified way to make a living. He also loves hockey and is sure he'll be drafted real soon.
- Author(s)Robert Grundstein
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication29/01/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight209 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.