Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $12.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $96.38Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $14.20
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $23.69
About this product
- DescriptionAndrew Yancy late of the Miami Police and soon-to-be-late of the Monroe County sheriff s office has a human arm in his freezer. There s a logical (Hiaasenian) explanation for that, but t for how and why it parted from its shadowy owner. Yancy thinks the boating-accident/shark-luncheon explanation is full of holes, and if he can prove murder, the sheriff might rescue him from his grisly Health Inspector gig (it s t called the roach patrol for thing). But first this being Hiaasen country Yancy must negotiate an obstacle course of wildly unpredictable events with a crew of even more wildly unpredictable characters, including his just-ex lover, a hot-blooded fugitive from Kansas; the twitchy widow of the frozen arm; two avariciously optimistic real-estate speculators; the Bahamian voodoo witch kwn as the Dragon Queen, whose suitors are blinded unto death by her peculiar charms; Yancy s new true love, a kinky coroner; and the eponymous bad monkey, who with hilarious aplomb earns his place among Carl Hiaasen s greatest characters. Here is Hiaasen doing what he does better than anyone else: spinning a tale at once fiercely pointed and wickedly funny in which the greedy, the corrupt, and the degraders of what s left of pristine Florida w, of the Bahamas as well get their comeuppance in mordantly ingenious, diabolically entertaining fashion.
- Author BiographyCarl Hiaasen was born and raised in Florida. He is the author of twelve previous novels, including the best-selling Lucky You, Nature Girl, Sick Puppy, Skinny Dip, and Star Island, and four best-selling children s books, Chomp, Flush, Hoot, and Scat. His most recent work of nonfiction is The Downhill Lie: A Hacker s Return to a Ruinous Sport. He also writes a weekly column for The Miami Herald.
- Author(s)Carl Hiaasen
- PublisherKnopf Publishing Group
- Date of Publication11/06/2013
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintKnopf Publishing Group
- Weight671 g
- Width166 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.