All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBad News for Refugees analyses the political, ecomic and environmental contexts of migration and looks specifically at how refugees and asylum seekers have been stigmatised in political rhetoric and in media coverage. Through forensic research it shows how hysterical and inaccurate media accounts act to legitimise political action which can have terrible consequences both on the lives of refugees and also on established migrant communities. Based on new research by the rewned Glasgow Media Group, Bad News for Refugees is essential reading for those concerned with the negative effects of media on public understanding and for the safety of vulnerable groups and communities in our society.
- Author BiographyGreg Philo is a Professor at Glasgow University, and Research Director of the Glasgow Media Group. He is the author with Mike Berry of More Bad News from Israel (Pluto, 2011). Emma Briant is a researcher at the Glasgow Media Group. Pauline Donald is a researcher at the Glasgow Media Group.
- Author(s)Emma Briant,Greg Philo,Pauline Donald
- PublisherPluto Press
- Date of Publication12/08/2013
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPluto Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, figures
- Weight295 g
- Width135 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.90
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $37.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.