All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionA seeing-eye dog leads a blind man into a frozen river, a southern Baptist loses his memory and finds true love in Bel Air, an obese dot.com executive has argasmic latex sex with her CEO, and a homeless man in New York creates an intellectual universe based on Post-it tes stuck to the inside of his cardboard box shelter--Douglas Glover's stories are wildly inventive, deadpan comedies of our universal human catastrophe. They are sly, demanding and wise--stories about language, desire and love (in a very dark place). The humor veers from the wry and sardonic to the salacious, mordant and playful. And always there are moments of such stark emotional intimacy that the reader slides, almost without ticing, from laughter to lament.
- Author BiographyDouglas Glover is a Canadian writer. He has published five short story collections, four novels (including Elle which won the 2003 Governor-General's Award for Fiction), two books of essays, Notes Home from a Prodigal Son and Attack of the Copula Spiders, and The Enamoured Knight, a book-length meditation on Don Quixote and novel form.
- Author(s)Douglas Glover
- PublisherDalkey Archive Press
- Date of Publication25/09/2009
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationNormal, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDalkey Archive Press
- Weight454 g
- Width142 mm
- Height218 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.