All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionI didn't have anything better to do. That's why I went around bumping off the cops. So said Francis 'Two-Gun' Crowley after shooting it out with dozens of policemen in, arguably, the most spectacular siege in New York City's history.Crowley was just one of a vast number of outlaws - male and female - who terrorized New York in the years between the World Wars. It was a period of lawlessness unprecedented in American history - including the gun-slinging old West. Bad Seeds in the Big Apple , the first book of its kind, presents an unparalleled look at the bandits, gunmen, and desperados of Prohibition- and Depression-era New York - including jewel thief extraordinaire Richard Reese Whittmore, extortion queen Vivian Gordon, and dozens of others.
- Author BiographyPatrick Downey has been studying New York's early 20th century crime scene for more than 15 years. He has also written numerous articles and presented lectures on the subject.
- Author(s)Patrick Downey
- PublisherCumberland House Publishing,US
- Date of Publication01/10/2008
- SubjectTrue Crime
- Place of PublicationNashville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCumberland House Publishing,US
- Out-of-print date13/02/2013
- Content Note16-page black & white photo insert
- Weight644 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine27 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $120.44Trending at AU $139.18
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.93
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $38.02
- AU $17.48Trending at AU $19.74
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.07
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.