All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWest Bromwich Albion first ventured off the British mainland in April 1893, taking the relatively short trip to Ireland to play two friendly matches, both of which were unfortunately lost! Since then the Baggies have visited more than forty different countries, covering virtually all four points of the globe. The Albion have played everywhere from Abu Dhabi and Argentina, Bahrain and Brazil to the UAE, Uganda, Uruguay and the USA. They've contested European Cup Winners' Cup games, UEFA Cup ties, Anglo-Italian matches and have participated in several pre-season tournaments. Baggies Abroad covers every one of these games - including some great tests against the world's best: Ajax, AS Roma, Benfica, Feyeord, Inter Milan, Napoli, Real Madrid, Red Star Belgrade, Sporting Lisbon, Valencia - with a mini match report, a great selection of photographs, match tickets and programmes.
- Author BiographyTony Matthews is one of the UK's top soccer statisticians, the author of more than 130 books on football since 1975 - a world record in itself. An ex-semi-pro player, Tony was for some 40 years the official statistician and historian of his beloved West Bromwich Albion. Now living in Spain, he still watches as many Baggies games as possible.
- Author(s)Tony Matthews
- PublisherPitch Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication15/08/2015
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationHove
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPitch Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteassorted mono and colour pictures
- Weight227 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.