All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
About this product
- DescriptionDespite dictatorship, international sanctions, and the ravages of war, Baghdad endures with a surprisingly exceptional modern architectural heritage. This beautifully illustrated study reveals the splendors of early twentieth-century architecture that still stand on the streets of Iraq's capital. Caecilia Pieri's documentation foregrounds the physical reality of modern Baghdad, very different from the image that we rmally receive from the media. She draws on a number of unpublished sources and documents to present Baghdad's architecture in a historical perspective, and her striking photographs taken between 2003 and 2006 document the residential areas of the twentieth-century city, providing an unprecedented resource for historians, urban planners, and general readers interested in discovering a new face of a world capital. With essays by Rifat Chadirji, Ihsan Fethi, and Naim Kattan.
- Author BiographyCaecilia Pieri, a senior editor at Editions du Patrimoine, Paris, is a scholar of architecture, urbanism, and cultural heritage. She has a PhD ib History of Architecture and Urbanism from the Ecole des Hautes Etudes en Sciences Sociales (Paris). She has traveled widely in the Middle East for over twenty years.
- Author(s)Caecilia Pieri
- PublisherThe American University in Cairo Press
- Date of Publication15/03/2011
- Place of PublicationCairo
- Country of PublicationEgypt
- ImprintThe American University in Cairo Press
- Content Note240 illustrations
- Weight1225 g
- Width240 mm
- Height310 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.