All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionOn the 24th of September, 2003, the above entry was posted onto a weblog by an anymous 25 year old female using the pseudonym 'Riverbend'. In this hard-hitting journal, she describes the day-to-day realities of life in post-war Iraq, which for her family and neighbours means regular power-cuts, bombings, kidnappings and night-time raids by US soldiers. Including diary entries covering the release of the torture pictures of Abu Ghraib and Bush's State of the Union Speech as well as a more critical analysis of key players during the war and in its aftermath, Baghdad Burning offers a highly personal narrative on life since the US occupation that is at once disturbing and insightful. With thousands of loyal readers worldwide, the Riverbend blog is recognized around the world as a crucial source of information t available through the mainstream media.
- Author BiographyRiverbend was educated at Baghdad University and worked for a large computer company in Baghdad before the war. She continues to update her journal, found at http://riverbendblog.blogspot.com. She prefers to remain anonymous.
- PublisherMarion Boyars Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication20/03/2006
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMarion Boyars Publishers Ltd
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.