All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.23
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.11
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.87
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.29
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.89
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.02
About this product
- DescriptionBAGHDAD: Historical Sketch and Monuments is a concise account of the construction of Baghdad during the Abbasid period. The book also describes some of the old monuments that survived to our present-day. The author, Taha Baqir, managed to transform a complicated and rigid historical account into a very friendly-readable book. Definitely, the book is of great value to both specialists and the general public.
- Author BiographyTaha Baqir was one of the most renowned Iraqi historians and archeologists. Since the 1940s, Baqir excavated and deciphered numerous mathematical, legal, and literary cuneiform tablets in Iraq. He discovered the 4000-year-old Laws of Eshnunna (preceding the famous Code of Hammurabi) and he translated the Epic of Gilgamesh directly from Akkadian to Arabic. Baqir authored numerous monumental articles and books. He was educated at the American University of Beirut and the Oriental Institute, University of Chicago. Taha Baqir was born in Babylon 1912 and he died in Baghdad, Iraq, in 1984.
- Author(s)Taha Baqir
- Date of Publication26/04/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAncient History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight86 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.