Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.74Trending at AU $16.23
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $14.06Trending at AU $20.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
About this product
- DescriptionIsobel Hall is well kwn for her exquisite yet fully functional embroidered bags, made from handmade paper and embellished with print, stitch and beading. This beautifully illustrated book reveals the secrets of her techniques for the first time. It contains over 30 different bag projects, plus a wealth of techniques to inspire you to make your own examples, including : * Using silk cocoon strippings to make the softest handmade paper * How to create the author's signature 'distressed' look * Ingenious ways to use found objects as handles and fastenings * Creative use of natural materials such as twigs and flower petals Illustrated throughout with stunning pictures of the author's work but with full instructions on all the techniques, this book is ideal for embroiderers and textile artists who are fascinated by bags and other three-dimensional pieces.
- Author BiographyIsobel Hall is a teacher and textile designer who specialises in creating handmade paper and using it to make embroidered bags. She teaches papermaking, book-making and bag-making and also takes on commissions.
- Author(s)Isobel Hall
- PublisherPavilion Books
- Date of Publication10/09/2007
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBatsford Ltd
- Content Note100 illustrations
- Weight827 g
- Width225 mm
- Height285 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.