All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.51Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents a systematic, comprehensive and up-to-date description of the physical basis of the balance equation transport theory and its applications in bulk and low-dimensional semiconductors. The different aspects of the balance equation method, originally proposed by C S Ting and the author of the present book, were reviewed in the volume entitled Physics of Hot Electron Transport in Semiconductors (edited by C S Ting, World Scientific, 1992). Since then, this method has been extensively developed and applied to various new fields, such as transport in nparabolic systems, spatially nuniform systems and semiconductor devices, miniband conduction of superlattices, hot-electron magnetotransport, effects of impact ionization in transport, microwave-induced magnetoresistance oscillation, radiation-driven transport and electron cooling, etc. Due to its simplicity and effectiveness, the balance equation approach has become a useful tool to tackle the many transport phemena in semiconductors, and provides a reliable basis for developing theories, modeling devices and explaining experiments.The book may be used as a textbook by graduate students. It will also benefit researchers in the field by helping them grasp the basic principles and techniques of the method, without having to spend a lot of time digging out the information from widespread literature covering a period of 30 years.
- Author(s)Xiaolin L. Lei
- PublisherWorld Scientific Publishing Co Pte Ltd
- Date of Publication10/01/2008
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Series TitleFrontiers of Research with the Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Place of PublicationSingapore
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintWorld Scientific Publishing Co Pte Ltd
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.