All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $70.18Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.58Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.67Trending at AU $23.05
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a survival story of a woman harboring parental and sexual abuse from her Sarasota childhood only to marry a middle-aged clown who stiffled her emotionally. Determination and a keen sense of balance piloted her through her teens, the circus, parenting, and furthering her education. She shares insights from Ringling Circus, Clown College, and the perils of aerial work.
- Author BiographySarah Chapman is a Sarasota, FL native born in a five-acre jungle on the south Tamiami Trail. She joined Sailor Circus at age twelve and stayed with it until 1979. She married Danny Chapman and together with Mel Miller they titled Ringling's Clown College. Sarah performed the dangerous balancing trapeze on tented shows, Shrine Circuses, and was on Ringling for six years. She authored and published four editions of A Circus Girl's Cookbook. Her degree in Humanistic Studies from UWGB has 21 upper level credits for prior learning...from the circus. A wanderer at heart she resides in northern Minnesota, dotes on four grandchildren, and loves dancing. A Toastmaster, she is available for public speaking.
- Author(s)Sarah Kate Chapman
- PublisherSarah K. Chapman
- Date of Publication17/02/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSarah K. Chapman
- Out-of-print date25/02/2015
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight431 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.