Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.83
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $67.68Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $46.99
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.40
About this product
- DescriptionWritten for the adult beginner, Ballet Basics is a well-illustrated introduction to the fundamentals of ballet technique. The text also provides an overview of the history of ballet and introduces students to the world of ballet.
- Author BiographySandra Noll Hammond trained in ballet in New York at the Juilliard School, the Metropolitan Opera Ballet, and the School of Ballet Repertory. Among her teachers were Antony Tudor, Margaret Craske, Thalia Mara, and Arthur Mahoney. She has performed with the Ballet Repertory Dancers, Connecticut Opera, Arizona Dance Theatre, and Pacific Ballet. She also has worked as a free-lance artist, performing and staging Baroque ballet repertory reconstructed from her own research. A graduate of the University of California, Santa Barbara, Hammond's teaching career has focussed on ballet in higher education. She was instrumental in developing a dance major at the University of Arizona, Tucson, where she served as Coordinator of Dance. Later, she served as Director of Dance in the Theatre and Dance Department of the University of Hawaii. Hammond is recognized internationally for her research, lectures, and publications on the history of ballet technique. In addition to Ballet Basics, her publications include Ballet: Beyond the Basics (also published by McGraw-Hill) and numerous articles in dance journals and in ballet encyclopedias and dictionaries. She is a frequent guest artist on university campuses, where she enjoys introducing students to earlier forms of ballet technique and repertory from the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries.
- Author(s)Sandra Noll Hammond
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/09/2003
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Series TitleB&B Physical Education
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw Hill Higher Education
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight342 g
- Width185 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.