All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis stunning book is the first compendium of art made with ballpoint pens. Ballpoint drawing has evolved into a thriving art form since the pen emerged as a writing tool in the 1940s. Throughout the 1950s and '60s, as the ballpoint became cheaper and more accessible, Alberto Giacometti, Jean Dubuffet, Andy Warhol, Francis Bacon, Nam June Paik, Louise Bourgeois, and many others, sketched with the pens. Today, those who make art with ballpoint pen are longer confined by size or style. This book features 30 artists from around the world who are currently creating masterpieces with ballpoint, and discusses their methods, the messages in their work, and their personal connections to the pen.
- Author BiographyTrent Morse lives in Brooklyn, New York. He has written features, profiles, news, and reviews for <em>ARTnews</em>, <em>Art+Auction</em>, and <em>Saatchi Art</em>. He is the managing editor of <em>Introspective</em>.
- Author(s)Trent Morse
- PublisherLaurence King Publishing
- Date of Publication15/08/2016
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2016
- ImprintLaurence King Publishing
- Content Note172 colour illustrations
- Weight710 g
- Width185 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.