Baltimore Orioles: Where Have You Gone? Cal Ripken Jr., Brooks Robinson, Jim Palmer, and Other Orioles Greats by Jeff Seidel (Hardback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $29.73+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.77
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
About this product
- DescriptionBaltimore Orioles: Where Have You Gone? is a unique look at what a number of former Orioles personalities have gone on to do in life since their playing careers ended. Author Jeff Seidel spoke with a wide-ranging number of former Baltimore players, from stars like Cal Ripken Jr. and Brooks Robinson, to those who had only their 15 minutes of fame, like Dave Criscione and John Stefero. A common thread seems to be how many of the former Orioles stayed in baseball in some form, like Ripken, who started his own mir league team in Aberdeen, Maryland, something that's clearly close to his heart; or former catcher Andy Etchebarren, a longtime mir league manager and coach. Baltimore Orioles: Where Have You Gone? features men like Mike Flanagan, the Cy Young Award--winning lefty who anchored the Orioles pitching staff in the late '70s and early '80s, finally becoming the team's pitching coach and co--general manager. The book also includes a chapter on Tommy Davis, the team's first designated hitter, who tells how he came up with a key base hit after nearly missing his at-bat because he was talking on the clubhouse telephone; Doug DeCinces, faced with the cruel task of taking over for Brooks Robinson at third base, talking about the huge pressure he faced and how he truly appreciated playing for the Orioles; and finally the legendary Robinson himself, still a fan favorite over 35 years after retiring, telling how he told the Chicago White Sox thanks, but thanks, when they asked him about managing. It's all here; perfect for any Orioles fan! Skyhorse Publishing, as well as our Sports Publishing imprint, are proud to publish a broad range of books for readers interested in sports--books about baseball, pro football, college football, pro and college basketball, hockey, or soccer, we have a book about your sport or your team. Whether you are a New York Yankees fan or hail from Red Sox nation; whether you are a die-hard Green Bay Packers or Dallas Cowboys fan; whether you root for the Kentucky Wildcats, Louisville Cardinals, UCLA Bruins, or Kansas Jayhawks; whether you route for the Boston Bruins, Toronto Maple Leafs, Montreal Canadiens, or Los Angeles Kings; we have a book for you. While t every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to publishing books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked by other publishers and to authors whose work might t otherwise find a home.
- Author BiographyJeff Seidel has been a journalist in the Baltimore/Washington area for over 20 years, covering high school, college, and professional sports. He has written for the Baltimore Sun, Washington Post, the Associated Press, NFL.com, Lacrosse Magazine, ESPN: The Magazine, Rink Side, Washington Jewish Week, and many other publications. He also coauthored Tom Matte's Tales from the Baltimore Ravens (Sports Publishing, 2004).
- Author(s)Jeff Seidel
- PublisherSports Publishing LLC
- Date of Publication04/02/2014
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Series TitleWhere Have You Gone?
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSports Publishing LLC
- Content Note50 B&W photos
- Weight357 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.