All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.36Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionThis highly illustrated text brings together two areas which have both grown in popularity in recent years: gridshells and bamboo. Bamboo is a fast-growing, naturally available, renewable resource which is quite strong and lends itself to structural applications. In this unique text, David Rockwood demonstrates the viability of bamboo as a building material and considers the advantages - as well as the challenges - of working with bamboo. Its properties, workability, connections, assembly, erection processes, structural behavior, and final use are explored in detail through a series of design-build experiments and case studies from Hawai'i and Vietnam. The only book available on the subject, Bamboo Gridshells provides a comprehensive introduction to this emerging techlogy which will be of interest to anyone working in the areas of sustainable or environmental design, ecological construction, low techlogy strategies, or alternative materials.
- Author BiographyDavid Rockwood is Associate Professor; Director, Construction Process Innovation Lab; and Co-Director, Urbanism Research Lab at the University of Hawai'i at Manoa, School of Architecture, USA. Rockwood's research focuses on material, structure, and construction processes for high performance buildings. He was named a Fulbright Specialist in 2014.
- Author(s)David Rockwood
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication08/05/2015
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note3 black & white tables, 106 colour illustrations, 37 colour line drawings
- Weight317 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.